Thursday, January 15, 2009

My little Bats



These pictures are the girls in their bat costumes. Pretty fierce. Although I always inform them that bats are gentle and harmless creatures despite their reputation and portrayal in various media.
We lived with the bats once. I will never forget the feeling of waking up in my bedroom (on many occasions) in the middle of the night to bats flying over my head. Or, reaching to get a bowl off the shelf and finding a bat inside. Or, reaching in the washer to peel off the sock that got stuck on the side only to realize it is a bat.
I really do like bats. I would prefer that they live somewhere other than inside my house. However, if they are the little girl variety, I can let it slide.

1 comment:

Not-So-Wicked Stepmom said...

Too cute and great imaginations! They are such pretty girls!